21.8.12

Boys We Love: Ryan Gosling


I just watched Drive again. And if it weren't so late, I'd watch it again. I just love everything about the movie, and I don't even know whether it's critically acclaimed or said to be crap, but who cares?
The Driver is one of my favourite movie characters ever (next to Margot, Enid, Jim Stark and Sailor, to list a few). Everything he says (and it's really not much) is so dramatic and intense and misterious yet soft and quiet and polite. I think I didn't breathe during the elevator scene at all. I won't post a link because you absolutely have to see it in the context of the whole movie if you haven't already. I'm seriously considering buying a jacket with an embroidered golden scorpion on the back.

Drive is not the only reason I've been obsessing over Mr. Gosling. It's also his feminist sensibilities that are (probably) all made up, but he seems convincing enough to me.
I even liked him in Crazy, Stupid, Love. It was the kind of movie that makes me depressed after watching it, but, still, Ryan.

He also has a band, called Dead Man's Bones which reminds me a bit of Mumford&Sons, and in this video they're performing live on a cemetery.

He (supposedly) says he had no friends until he was 14 or 15, and was in a special-needs class because of an attention deficit disorder.

It's not even my thing to have celebrity crushes and I'm 19 so according to social conventions I should already be past this phase, I think. But no one is going to tell me what to do and I like Ryan Gosling. I just think he's not a douchebag (although I like douchebags as well so I'm not making a relevant point here).

Oh and I forgot to mention his performance with Justin Timberlake on Mickey Mouse Club in 1993. 
Need I say more?






Sincerely, Rapunzel

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE ARE

My photo
Best friends who are quite bored all the time and whose greatness and awesomeness is being ignored by society. Besides that, they love glittery makeup, things that shine in the dark or randomly fly in space, analogue photography, kitsune maison compilations, cats, dogs, and of course, alpacas. C'est ça.
Read the Printed Word!